Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

What's Happening? REBT?

Hey beautiful
I hope you are having a fabulous day!! I just wanted to update you about my life right now.
I have been away from everyone and everything because school is taking so much time out of my life, that I don't have much social time. I try to do my best to interact with others, but when I'm having "fun" I feel guilty. It's hard to let go of the fact that I should be studying or doing homework. In contrary, I am here having fun wherever. My lovely husband always has to keep reminding me..."you deserve to go out, we don't do this all the time..." These statements ease the anxiety I get from being out; however, it's temporary.

Right now I am dealing with a lot at school and my own character. It comes to a point that I ask myself: "Who am I? What is my purpose? and How should I handle that?"
My awesome parents did not give me an instructional book telling me what to do in "such" situation, but they gave me their best. I have to say that I couldn't have better parents than them.

I have understood in the last few months, that I am not perfect (not that I didn't know before), but if you have ever been expected to be your best and behave because of your image, and then you realize: you know what? I'm going to do me and I don't care what others have to say.." Well, that is me right now. This is when I realize that is better to do what you want, than to please others.

My current favorite theory to go by is Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT). This theory is based on reality therapy and focus on the present. It works by teaching the client on what can you do to cope with the problem and overcome the situation.
We tell ourselves "I can't do this, it's too hard..." Well, let's change the way we speak and say: "I want/can do this, it's hard, but not impossible." NO one said life will be easy, but we all can do what we want to do. Let's take ownership of our wants and actions.

I hope you guys are having a great summer and enjoying your loved ones. Until next time...
"Stay Beautiful"


No comments:

Post a Comment