Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Health & Fitness....Uuuhh NO!

Hello everyone
You may be impressed why am I writing about fitness if this blog is all about the makeup I do, but keep reading because I want to share a piece of how I took this topic.
So I've always been full figure, even since I was a baby. All my baby pictures you can see my round cheeks and thick thighs.
The nutrition in Cuba is no so much focused on what ingredients you're giving to a child like I do with my children...counting how much fiber, fruits, veggies, etc they are taking in each day. But in Cuba is about survival. You gotta eat whatever there is because if not, you'll starve.

Well, my family, and with that I mean my mother (who I love dearly tho...) has always been a humongous nagging mosquito about my weight. Always telling me not to get fat, don't eat that, watch your weight, etc. And let me pause right now and explain. I detest the word FAT. I taught my daughter that such word is a bad word, it hurts people's feelings. If there is no other feature that can identify a person in a conversation, than use the word big. And even still I feel bad because I am in the same boat. But I can't find another way to teach her. I always encourage her to see other things in people. Even if the skin colors are different, there is always something special about everyone.


Okay... back to me! I became resentful and didn't want to hear anything about the topic and which it affected my relationship with my mom, although other factors were part of the closeness with each other, but I'll leave that for another post.

Right after I got married in 2008 with my lovely husband who is my best friend, my mom came across with Herbalife. Someone from our church talked to her about it and she became a distributor. In the beginning I was skeptical about it. Then my oldest sister did it and she lost all her pregnancy weight and more. Although we have very different body types, I decided to give it a go.

I was really going by the book. Doing the healthy meals, taking all the pills I had to take and I lost about 10-15lbs in 2 months. I was feeling great! I got pregnant and stopped taking the pills and drinking the shakes.

Years passed by, my mom was the same nagging mosquito regarding the topic and I would just ignore her. I went to school, and graduated. Then, I had my second child. I am more mature and a lot more educated...in my career. Not so much in fitness, but just the basics that perhaps everyone knows about.

My mom opened her own club few months ago and I decided willingly to help her promote her business on Facebook, because I was not going to allow her to pay for someone to do it for her. Today, a young lady from church will come by and host an exercise class for us. We are excited because it's our first class and we don't know what to expect or who's going to show up, but hey, we got to start somewhere.

Well, after I gave you a bit of the background, here is my point...I am NOW willing to focus on my fitness and my physical appearance. I always used to say "I wish I looked like that...I wish I could lose..." Today I am not wishing anymore. I am willingly to do this with my mom and all the people that will be involved in this journey. I know it will not be easy, but it's NOT impossible. And the reason this is so important for me is because I don't tend to socialize with anyone, especially do exercise with anyone else, but alone. I am willing to open up to others. And I believe that writing about it will help me stay focused because I will owe you and myself. Failures will take you to success but I don't believe in getting stuck when I fail.

So with that said, I will come back and update you on how it went last night. Thank you for reading my thoughts because we are all in this TOGETHER!!!


XOXO,
Rosalidia

No comments:

Post a Comment